Montel Williams calls on the government to slaughter Bundy-led militia

Late Saturday night on Facebook, Montel Williams called on the Governor of Oregon to dispatch the National Guard against the Bundy-led militia in Oregon with orders to shoot to kill. Below is a screenshot, in case Williams attempts to delete the post.

Here is some backstory on the situation:

Controversial Nevada ranchers teamed up with a militia Saturday to occupy a national wildlife refuge building in Oregon.

Ammon Bundy, the son of Cliven Bundy who was involved in a standoff with the government over grazing rights in Nevada, told the Oregonian he and two of his brothers were among a group of dozens of people occupying the headquarters of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

Bundy posted a video on his Facebook page urging others to come and provide backup. He said in a statement accompanied by the video “**ALL PATRIOTS ITS TIME TO STAND UP NOT STAND DOWN!!! WE NEED YOUR HELP!!! COME PREPARED”

Bundy said the group planned to occupy the refuge building indefinitely.

“We’re planning on staying here for years, absolutely,” Ammon Bundy said. “This is not a decision we’ve made at the last minute.”

Among Bundy and one of his brothers, Ryan Bundy, told The Oregonian they aren’t looking to hurt anyone, but would not back down if police try to remove the group from the property.

“The facility has been the tool to do all the tyranny that has been placed upon the Hammonds,” Ammon Bundy said.

The Oregonian, citing government sources, reported the militia aims to occupy a closed fire station near Frenchglen. The U.S. Bureau of Land Management sends its crews there during the fire season.

The day started out with a peaceful protest in Burns, Ore. in support of an eastern Oregon ranching family facing jail time for arson. An Idaho militia leader said he knew nothing about the activities after a parade of militia members and local residents in Burns walked past the sheriff’s office and the home of Dwight Hammond Jr. and his son Seven.

Beth Anne Steele, an FBI spokeswoman in Portland, told the Associated Press the agency was aware of the situation at the national wildlife refuge, but didn’t make any further comment.

Some local residents feared the Saturday rally would involve more than speeches, flags and marching. But the only real additions to that list seemed to be songs, flowers and pennies.

As marchers reached the courthouse, they tossed hundreds of pennies at the locked door. Their message: civilians were buying back their government. After the march passed, two girls swooped in to scavenge the pennies.

A few blocks away, Hammond and his wife Susan greeted marchers, who planted flower bouquets in the snow. They sang some songs, Hammond said a few words, and the protesters marched back to their cars.

Dwight Hammond has said he and his son plan to peacefully report to prison Jan. 4 as ordered by the judge.

Dwight Hammond, 73, and Steven Hammond, 46, said they lit the fires in 2001 and 2006 to reduce the growth of invasive plants and protect their property from wildfires. The two were convicted of the arsons three years ago and served time — the father three months, the son one year. But a judge ruled their terms were too short under federal law and ordered them back to prison for about four years each.

The decision has generated controversy in a remote part of the state.

In particular, the Hammonds’ new sentences touched a nerve with far right groups who repudiate federal authority.

Ammon Bundy and a handful of militiamen from other states arrived last month in Burns, some 60 miles from the Hammond ranch.

In an email to supporters, Ammon Bundy criticized the U.S. government for a failed legal process.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.